DR. KEMP'S WELCOME
ARE YOU A REAL DOCTOR?
I’ve studied race, history, and culture at Stanford (A.B.) and Northwestern (PhD) Universities and taught at Cornell, Dickinson and Franklin & Marshall for over a decade. Almost 15,000 folks have seen my plays, participated in my webinars and online courses, or completed my unique blend of compassion and justice workshops and trainings. I founded and ran Theatre for Transformation, a professional theatre company for six years.
I’ve been called a “Master Teacher” because of my ability to engage multi-generational audiences. Yale School of Music Professor and jazz legend Willie Ruff has described me and my husband violinist Michael Jamanis as “two people in the grips of a new idea.”
I’ve received the:
- John Gardner Fellowship, Stanford University
- People United to Save Humanity (PUSH) Award
- YWCA of Lancaster Racial Justice Award
- NAACP Lancaster Civic Award
- Grants & Awards from the Penn Council on the Arts
- Penn Humanities Council
- National Endowment for the Humanities
- Ford Foundation Pre-Doctoral Fellowship